*I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to Purina Canada and the staff at PawsWay for the opportunity to improve and educate myself as a dog owner. It meant a great deal to me and I appreciate all that you do*
Gosh I don’t even know where to start here. If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know I have 2 dogs. I’ve had Lola since 2006 and Max came along in 2012. With Lola, I made a lot of common ‘mistakes’ in training and guiding her….and by that I mean I really didn’t discourage or encourage any behavior at all. I figured as a rescue dog, she had been through enough. When Max came into the picture, I was now a ‘we’ and WE both decided that we would try a different approach with Max and his training, nutrition and OUR education.
Enter Purina Canada and PawsWay in Toronto. Max is a very active dog-and does very well during his training sessions….what I found going through them was that I was the one who needed training. I learned so much over the 4 sessions (once a week) and we will be going back for more-Max is great at agility courses!
Because Max IS so active, he requires adequate nutrition. Purina is proud to introduce some new dry formulas that really deliver. Check out these stats:
- 8 out of the last 8 Westminster Best in Show were fueled by Purina Pro Plan
- The McCann Pro Plan Dog Stars have won 15 gold medals at agility world championships while being fueled by Purina Pro Plan
- National Service Dogs (an organization dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with special needs) have chosen Purina Pro Plan as the food to feed its Certified Dogs.
So what’s the difference with this nutrition-what’s the ‘performance’ angle?
- Every ingredient is carefully chosen for a specific purpose
- Purina is the first dry dog fod brand to use real meat as the #1 ingredient to help promote total body health.
- Optimal protein to fat rations taileored to each dry formula help dogs maintain their ideal body condition.
There are 4 categories containing foods formulated for a dog’s taste preferences, age, dietary considerations and activity/lifestyle.
Savor-Nutrition and Taste for everyday excellence
- Real chicken, beef or lamb is the first ingredient in all dry formulas
- High quality ingredients for great taste and nutrition
- Available in a variety of wet and dry formulas.
- Prebiotic fiber to help promote digestive health
Focus-Specialized Nutrition for Unique Needs
- Real chicken or lamb is the 1st ingredient in all dry formulas
- Formulated with key nutrients to support specific needs based on life stage, life style or breed size.
- Nutrient dense kibble in bite sized pieces
Select-Carefully formulated nutrition for skin & digestive health
- Formulated without wheat, corn or soy
- Easily digestible and easy on the digestive system.
- ingredients such as rice, oat meal and whole grain barley which are easily digestible
Sport-Fine-tuned nutrition to promote strength and endurance
- Dogs are naturally great athletes and by improving their nutrition you can improve their athleticism
- A dog’s main energy source comes from fat not carbs
- A diet high in fat and protein will increase an active dog’s metabolism and his endurance
- EPA, an omega-3 fatty acid and glucosamine help support joint health and mobility
- Helps optimize oxygen metabolism for increased endurance.
So even though Max was going through the training, we have introduced Lola (our ‘senior’ dog) to the Purina Pro Plan dry kibble as well. No complaints from either so far. Both dogs have shiny coats, bright eyes and wet noses! Lola moves well after her 11 years on the earth and Max loves to run & play more than anything. Just like humans, dogs need the best nutrition in order to be at their best and I can honestly say that Purina DOES deliver the best!
Check out Purina:
on the web
What do you feed your dog? Have you tried Purina Pro Plan?