So you’ve been asking about my morning skincare routine. And asking. It’s time for me to deliver. So here’s what I use on my skin in the MORNING. Now. I can’t lie. The evening is when the real magic happens in terms of products. Or maybe not. I think there are equal parts of pixie dust in both the morning and the evening.
Before I dive in, a couple things in terms of housekeeping
- I’ll be doing a video to speak to SOME of the things I mention here but if you want the most comprehensive post, this is where you want to be.
- I’m in my ‘almost’ mid 40’s. I have combination skin-by that I mean, I have an oily T-zone and normal-oily cheeks, chin. My eyelids are also oily.
- I get dermal fillers 2x a year and Botox 2-3 times per year. If you don’t like that, too bad.
- I go for facials & peels 3-4 times a year-that is PART of my routine. Yes it can get pricey. If you are interested in my ‘tips’ for facials/professional skin care, let me know and I will talk about it in a separate post/video. I am happy to recommend/suggest ways to find professional skincare services at lower prices.
- This routine is what I do and what I get results from right now. It may not work exactly for you or in its entirety for you. Feel free to take away the parts of this that are helpful for you.
- I also take a multi-vitamin and other supplements for my skin. If you are interested in knowing more, let me know.
- My routine does change. It changes for several reasons-when I run out of product, if the season’s change, and/or I am not seeing results or any added benefit from something I’m using.
- I live in Ontario-there are 3-4 seasons here (being a little sarcastic, there are 4 seasons). This is my morning routine for March-May. In May I will add a mattifying primer and a medical grade SPF product.
First things first. First thing in the morning, my 15 year old rat terrier Lola(dog) pulls the covers off of me because she wants to be fed. I rise, feed & medicate her, let her out and then pour myself a large glass of water with lemon. I exercise for at least 30 minutes, then take a shower. When I’m feeling especially grimey, I will use a VERY gentle exfoliating cleanser during my shower. Everyone Face Exfoliate for every day is great because it’s gentle with very small particles and doesn’t dry out the skin. It’s gluten free, and cruelty free.
- The pure essential oils of lemon and ylang ylang lend this exfoliator its refreshing scent.
- Made with pineapple & papaya enzymes, mango seed butter and essential oils to leave skin smooth, radiant, and smelling great.
- Gentle enough to use every day, containing plant-based ingredients and Candelilla wax to remove impurities and thoroughly clean the skin you’re in.
Once I’m done with that, I make my morning ‘concoction’ –Bulletproof coffee (again, a topic for a later video if you are interested). While my hair is wrapped up, I begin my skincare routine.
I take a cotton pad (Naruko cotton pads at the moment -but I am going to show you the missha ones I use that are a better value! ) and use Avon Anew Micellar cleansing water to wipe my entire face (including my eyelids). I give my face about 10 seconds to absorb the product, then apply my eye makeup. Then I use the Avon Anew Micellar water under my eyes to remove any fallout. I’ve listed information about the Avon Micellar water below as I feel the cotton is fairly self explanatory.
- Effectively cleanses skin of makeup, dirt, oil and impurities
- Cleanses and maintains moisture, so skin feels softer
- Leaves skin looking and feeling renewed
- Helps skin appear more radiant
- Suitable for twice daily use and for all skin types
- No water needed
- Alcohol free and oil-free
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
- Allergy-tested, dermatologist-tested and opthalmologist-tested
Next up is the Time Revolution 1st treatment essence. Honestly this is one of the magical products that has really made a difference with my skin. I pour a bit directly into my hand and pat around my face, on my neck and décolleté . Again, I give this time to absorb. I’ll list the benefits of this product below-I give a lot of the credit to this product and feel that using it has greatly improved my skintone and texture.
- The mild formula was developed as a fluid type with low viscosity to increase the rate of absorption on the skin.
- Provides soothing, hydrating, brightening, and wrinkle repairing benefits.
- Contains 80% Fermented Yeast Extract, a skin-friendly ingredient with similar components to NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor). It helps improve the foundation of skin through moisturizing, firming, and balancing.
Then, I apply my Organic Nation eye cream. Again, a product that I cannot be without. I am shocked by how much I love this product. It hydrates my under-eye area thoroughly and I highly HIGHLY recommend this eye cream. It is different and better than anything I’ve ever tried. Benefits and ingredients of the product listed below (several I cannot pronounce).
- Reduce the signs of aging from delicate eye area leaving it vibrant, refreshed and hydrated. An ultra light eye gel that is infused with marine bio actives.
- Refreshes and hydrates the eye area. Lightweight formula that doesn’t leave the eye feeling “heavy and caked”. Supports dark circle reduction. Reduces the signs of aging.
- Biotechnological extract reduces fluid retention (puffiness), increases degradation of bilirubin, promotes collagen & elastic, prohibits & inhibits the formation of Advanced Glycation End-Products) (AGE).
- GUBINGE KAKADU PLUM: (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) This Australian fruit has the highest concentration of vitamin C. Slows the signs of aging & protects from free radicals, strengthen the skin’s barrier, promotes collagen & smoothes the skin’s texture.
- 76% CERTIFIED ORGANIC CONTENT: For all skin types. Patch test on sensitive skin. Apply a small amount to fingertips and gently apply to the eye contour area in a circular motion.
Now it’s time for serum. Right now, I’m using Luzern Laboratories Control Serum. Again, I HIGHLY recommend this serum if you have oily skin and if you don’t, I can still recommend the Luzern Laboratories serums. I use one pump of this and pat into my skin. The Control Serum does leave my skin slightly tacky but I expect that from a serum and find that it plays quite nicely with the moisturizer that I’m about to speak on.
My moisturizer is new (to me) and it’s the Avon nutra effects balance moisturizer with SPF 15. This product has chia seeds in it. I love it because it absorbs quickly and feels very light on my skin. It hasn’t caused any breakouts or reactions (surprising to me). It’s lightly fragranced but that fragrance doesn’t stick around-I just like to mention this in case you or someone reading is sensitive to scent.
- Free of parabens, phthalates and dyes
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Mattifies in 30 seconds (or on contact)
- Makes skin look and feel morning fresh all day
- Makes skin look shine free all day
- Reduces oil and minimizes the look of pores
- Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (with a PA++ rating)
- Ultra-lightweight that has an invisible look and feel
- Absorbs quickly
- Non-greasy/oil and non-sticky/tacky
That’s my morning skincare routine! I won’t go into primer and the makeup that I put on my face here but again (I think this is the 6th time I have said this), if you are interested, let me know and I will talk about my foundation and face makeup.
So that’s honestly it. Occasionally I will use a brightening sheet masque in the morning but that may happen 1-2 month. It’s not complicated, and it works.