FYI I own all of these and they were all purchased by me. Hair tools-there are so many and yet so few that aren’t straight up gimmicks! I felt the need to do this post because over the years, I have found some hair tools that have made a significant difference in my hair and really stepped up my game. Some of them have a higher price point and I have to tell you, they are WORTH the investment. Some of them are super inexpensive-and are also worth the investment. Take a look below to read about my favorite hair tools.
If there is 1 tip I will give you, it’s to invest in a quality hair dryer. It’s a hair tool that truly does make a difference. Nothing compares to a well done blow dry with a quality dryer and with this particular dryer, you will feel a difference in the integrity of your hair.
- Nano-titanium and ceramic infused into the grill for faster, gentler drying
Ion generator releases millions of negative ions to dry hair faster, lock in the hair’s natural moisture and eliminate frizz
- 1700 watts
- Hot & powerful airflow
- 2 rocker switches: HI/OFF/LO and HI/MED/LO, plus a cool shot button
- Well-balanced, ergonomic handle
- Removable filter with built-in stand
- Narrow concentrator nozzle
This is me dating myself right? I mean, who actually uses a curling iron anymore? Well, I do! I will use a curling iron and then follow up with the curlers that I am going to mention below at some point. Don’t get me wrong, I love my hot rollers but find that even with a clamshell clip, I still end up with some ‘dents/kinks/creases’ in my hair that are tough to get out. This particular hair tool has a great barrel size for my medium length hair (some people would say my hair is still short!) , heats up quickly and has a comfortable handle. I don’t worry about burning myself either –because of the cool tip.
- 1 inch aluminum barrel creates flawless ringlets and waves
- Express ion complex hydrates and adds shine.
- Digital temperature control and temperature lock.
- Heats up to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
So I picked this up on one of those “Well gee I am wide awake at 2am, let’s see what I can find to purchase online. This hair tool is inexpensive and it WORKS (gotta love it). I don’t tend to use flat irons much as I prefer volume and curls in my hair but when I wear my hair extensions, this flat iron is my BFF.
- 1 inch solid ceramic tourmaline plates and advanced infrared heat technology
- 360 degree swivel cord
- Straighten, flip and curl your hair
- Adjustable temperature from 240F to 400F (120C – 200C) to suit all hair types
- Ceramic/tourmaline ion plates create a shinier, silkier finish in lesser time
- 1 inch plate width, wide enough for any hair length and hair types, yet narrow enough for bangs
Japanese curlers (I think they are also called ‘doughnut culers’)
Found these beauties during a trip to one of the Asian beauty stores close to work. They were so strange looking I ‘HAD’ to try them. I’m glad I did. The instructions on the package state that these are supposed to be put into your hair when it’s approximately 80% dry, but I don’t use them that way. I use these hair tools after I curl my hair with the Paul Mitchell wand. I curl a section, let it cool for 10 seconds, then wrap it in one of these. I love these because they are SO lightweight and not bulky. I purchased a package of 8 and find that it almost covers my entire head.
If you have time and are looking for curl, I’d suggest these rollers. They are great but when they are all on your head at the same time, can be heavy. I use these when I want a more ‘structured curl’ but I’ve seen videos where these rollers are used for more wave-like hairstyles. Haven’t tried that (yet) so don’t know!
- Sensational volume, body and shine.
- Powered by innovative t3 heat core technology
- Features two heat settings
- Cool grip rollers with velvet flocking are easy to handle
Velcro hairpad squares
This was another Asian beauty store find and probably one of my favorite hair tools. I use these on a daily basis to keep my hair out of my face when washing and/or applying makeup. They leave no dents/creases and are easy to put in and take out. And so inexpensive!
- Keeps your hair off your face while doing make up/washing your face/wearing a masque
- Holds the hair in place with no creases!
- Won’t fall off unless you take it off, reusable.
There are many reasons you will NEVER see me with a ponytail-but the main reason has always been that I hate the crease I get in my hair after I take it out. I do not have to worry about that any longer. These little circles of genius hold hair securely in place with NO CREASES. Pro-tip-the company that makes these makes different types. They have a brunette version as well as different colors and have partnered in the past with charity groups.
- Unique traceless hair band.
- Funky telephone cord design applies uneven pressure to the pony tail.
- Allows space for individual hair to avoid tell-tale bobble mark.